Status of Digitalisation of ESCP Enforcemnt Procedures The online service platform of the Austrian justice system (https://www.justiz.gv.at/home/service/digitale-justiz/justizonline.9b8.de.html) enables electronic contact with the judiciary. Citizens of other EU Member States can also register with the electronic identity (eID) of their EU country of origin. The online platform offers several services including online submission of the application for execution and online access to the file. Movable property seized during executions can be offered in online auctions on the judicial auction platform: www.justiz-auktion.at. Pursuant to sections 427ff of the Execution Code – Exekutionsordnung (hereinafter EO) – on “Electronic Query of Data”, execution data is offered as an online query for a fee (10,70 EUR) and allows a restricted group of users to retrieve it. This function is intended to assist in deciding whether the initiation of litigation or execution proceedings makes economic sense. Lawyers and notaries as creditors’ representatives are entitled to make queries. The execution data query shows all execution proceedings pending for more than one month. Specifically, the following information is displayed:
- Execution court, file number, amount of the claims pursued, incl. reference to a suspension and the type of means of execution.
- In the case of execution against a vehicle: seizures and unsuccessful attempts at execution.
- Whether a list of assets has been submitted within the last year.
- Competent Enforcement Authority
- Rules on Service
- Language of the Certificate and Documents to be Appended
- Enforcement Fees
- Refusal, Stay, or Limitation of Enforcement Procedures